Frequently Asked Questions
PRO Landscape Version 20 is the latest version of Drafix Software's industry-leading design software for the landscape professional. PRO Landscape gives the user the power to easily and effectively design and bid a project; and most importantly communicate those design ideas to the customer in terms they can understand. No other landscape design software product offers this complete set of tools:
- Realistic Photo Imaging: PRO Landscape’s photo imaging is the ultimate sales, design, and communication tool because it lets you provide your customers with a photorealistic view of your proposed project.
- True 3D Photo Image Rendering: PRO Landscape gives you the power to view your photo imaging projects in 3D from any angle. Show your customer what their landscape would look like if they were looking out their front window.
- Night & Holiday Lighting: PRO Landscape’s photo imaging also includes night and holiday lighting. You can place light fixtures and automatically illuminate the design from a picture you took during daylight.
- Easy-to-Use CAD: PRO Landscape creates a professional 2D site plan that accurately represents the installation of plantings, sprinkler systems and hardscapes.
- 3D CAD Rendering: PRO Landscape gives you the power to your CAD projects in 3D and rotate 360 degrees.
- Customer Proposals: PRO Landscape generates professional presentations that include a cover page, quotation, material list, plant information, and much more.
- PRO Landscape Companion for iPad: Offers a truly mobile design platform by providing compatibility with your iPad/Tablet. Your customers will be amazed as you walk around their property and create a design on the fly. PRO Landscape Companion integrates with your desktop/laptop version of PRO Landscape.
Professional and Complete: In addition to producing the most professional looking designs and proposals, PRO Landscape is:
- Easy-to-Learn, Easy-to-Use: PRO Landscape includes video tutorials, free technical support and is the most user-friendly design package on the market today.
- Customizable: You can customize the plant data, pricing, and even add your own images to the over 12,000 highest quality images included with PRO Landscape.
- 3D Capable: Only PRO Landscape lets you magically transform your 2D photo imaging or CAD projects in to a true 3D image.
- Mobile: Use the free PRO Landscape Companion app on your iPad/Tablet.
- Residential and Commercial Landscape Design: PRO Landscape is used by thousands of landscape contractors, designers, and architects for both new and renovation projects in residential and commercial designs.
- Garden Centers and Nurseries: Many garden centers and nurseries are using PRO Landscape to provide design services for their customers.
- Lighting Contractors: Night and holiday lighting contractors are finding the benefits of being able to show their customers what their lighting projects will look like at night.
- Educational: PRO Landscape is an integral part of the curriculum at hundreds of educational facilities at High School and College levels.
- Intel, AMD, or equivalent processor (32 or 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- 2 GB RAM Minimum (4 GB RAM or higher)
- 1024x768, 16M colors or higher video
- DVD drive
- Sound card for multimedia tutorials
- Mouse, pen tablet, or other pointing device recommended
- 7 GB of available hard disk space
PRO Landscape is a Windows application. To run PRO Landscape on the Mac OS® you will need Parallels Desktop or the equivalent running Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. All other requirements are the same as for PC.
- Can I use a picture of my customer’s house? Absolutely! Just take a digital photograph of your customer’s home or commercial building and use it as the background for your landscape design. PRO Landscape includes over 12,000 photographic images that you can drag and drop on top of your photograph.
- Can I add to the image library? The PRO Landscape library is totally customizable. PRO Landscape gives you the ability to add photographic images of any type to the library as well as edit the database information about the plants. We also offer a FREE image service to help you get your pictures into PRO Landscape.
- Do you have images for my area? Yes, PRO Landscape comes complete with plant material for all climate zones. PRO Landscape lets you specify your climate zone(s) so you will just see plants that will work in your area. In addition to plant material, PRO Landscape contains images for grass, mulch, hardscapes, water features, outdoor living and more so you can create a complete landscape design.
- How do I remove existing landscaping from the picture? PRO Landscape includes powerful cloning tools that allow you to cover up existing landscaping or parts of the picture you do not want included in your final design. You simply select a similar object (like siding) and clone over the unwanted area.
- Can you show plant growth? Yes, plant material in PRO Landscape can be grown interactively from installed size to maturity. The growth speed for each plant can be customized if necessary. You can also show the plant growth as a movie when presenting your landscape plan to the customer.
- Does your photo imaging include 3D? Yes, PRO Landscape Image Editor projects can be rendered in true 3D. You can zoom in and out, rotate your design, and show your customer your proposed design from any angle.
- Why is PRO Landscape better than those inexpensive programs? Unlike the inexpensive programs you can purchase online or at an electronic supercenter, PRO Landscape is built specifically for landscape professionals and includes over 12,000 of the highest quality digital photographs in the industry. Plus, PRO Landscape offers more functionality and is a lot easier to use than inexpensive programs.
- Will I need to buy a separate CAD program? No, PRO Landscape has a complete, self-contained CAD program that includes all the necessary tools. There is no need to buy anything else.
- Do I need CAD experience to use PRO Landscape’s CAD? No, PRO Landscape is created specifically for landscape design. The tools, buttons, and menu items inside use landscape-specific terminology making it easy for users with no CAD experience to jump right in and create professional scaled drawings.
- Is PRO Landscape compatible with AutoCAD®? Yes, PRO Landscape includes RealDWG®, licensed from Autodesk®, to allow you to both read/write DWG and DXF files assuring compatibility with the latest AutoCAD files.
- Can I print large CAD drawings? Yes, CAD drawings can be printed out in any size or scale. You can change the size or scale of your drawing at any time. If you don’t have a plotter or large printer you can easily send a scaled PDF file to a local print shop, blueprint service, or a copy center such as Kinko’s.
- Can I get a survey or plot plan from my customer? Yes, you can bring in a survey or plot plan to start your CAD drawing. You can scan the file, or use your digital camera to take a picture of it. PRO Landscape then makes it easy to bring in the file, scale it and start your landscape design.
- Does the CAD include 3D? Yes, PRO Landscape Planner gives you the ability to render your CAD projects in 3D. You can actually turn your 2D CAD symbols into 3D images that will rise out of the printed page. You can also import models from Google SketchUp.
- Do I have to create a CAD plan in order to generate a bid? No, PRO Landscape lets you bid from either a photo image or CAD project. You can also create a quick bid without doing a design at all.
- Can I provide plant information to my customers? Absolutely, PRO Landscape automatically generates plant information with pictures plus the rest of what you need for a professional-looking customer proposal (cover page, materials list, etc.).
- Can I link my estimates to my other programs? PRO Landscape links to the major programs used in the green industry including QuickBooks®, SLICEplus®, Horticopia®, and Clip®.
- Can I install PRO Landscape on both my desktop and laptop computer? Yes, PRO Landscape is licensed for one user, but you can install it on 2 computers. In the event you require multiple users, additional copies of PRO Landscape are available at a discounted price.
- Do you have a free trial version? No, but we do offer a no hassle 60-day money-back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with PRO Landscape for any reason you may return it for a full refund of the purchase price within the first 60 days.
- Is there technical support available? Yes, your purchase of PRO Landscape entitles you to free technical support. Technical support services are available via phone, email, and the PRO Landscape website. This service is free and available to you as long as you own the software.
- Do you offer training? PRO Landscape includes tutorial/training videos and digital User and Getting Started manuals, which together make PRO Landscape very easy to learn. Most users learn the software on their own, but for those customers who require assistance in mastering the program; classroom, one-on-one or online training is available.
- Is PRO Landscape available in other languages? Yes, PRO Landscape is sold internationally and is available in English, Spanish, Italian and German.
- What is PRO Landscape?
- Why should I choose PRO Landscape?
- Who uses PRO Landscape?
- What are the System Requirements?
- Will PRO Landscape run on my Mac?
- Photo Imaging Questions
- CAD Questions
- Estimating Questions
- General Questions
"I've lost track of how many times PRO Landscape has paid for itself."Brett Seltz, The Seltz Company, Franklin, TN
“Three days after receiving PRO Landscape we landed 3 jobs worth a total of $63,100…bring on the summer.”Tom Teehan, Solomon Services, Denver CO